As some of you may know, there was a meeting this past Saturday about the Peacock Student Board. A lot was accomplished; we officially decided on the voting procedure and voting eligibility. The board will be composed of 9 members.
For those of you who would like to run for a position on the Student Board:
- You must first run for a general member position.
- You must be an upcoming 9th grader or above to run for general member.
- Alumni are eligible to run for a student board position, but they must currently be an active member in the Peacock community. They must also be able to attend every meeting (within reason).
- You must email me a paragraph describing why you deserve a position on the board, deadline: August 13th (See below for what information to include and an example.)
- August 14th I will post all election paragraphs on the Peacock Live Journal Community website http://www.livejournal.com/community/peacockplayers/ for all voters to review before casting their votes. You do not have to have a Live Journal to view this website.
- The election paragraphs will be available for viewing until August 20th.
- From August 21st through the 27th you can stop by Peacock to make your vote. A copy of all the election paragraphs will be available to review. Specific hours to stop by to vote will be emailed at a later date.
To be included in election paragraph:
- Number of years associated with Peacock Players. This does not necessarily mean how long you have been at Peacock since your first show. If you have been to Peacock Camp or just helped out at Peacock before ever doing a show, you can start counting the time from there.
- Age and grade.
- Experience you have in other student boards/councils from school or otherwise.
- All the ways you have been included at Peacock- Number of shows, sessions at camp, classes, crew, etc.
- Why you would be an asset to the board. A short paragraph or a few sentences is fine.
Age and Grade: 16, rising Junior.
Years with Peacock: 7 years
Experience: 4 years in school student council including one year as VP
Peacock Involvement: 8 shows, 4 years Peacock Camp, Stage Manager for Winnie the Pooh, painting assistant.
I would be an asset to the board because I am organized, fabulous, blah blah, etc., (you get the idea).
Remember, you must have your election paragraphs emailed to me by August 13th. Good luck, and thank you!